Wednesday, November 30, 2011

working on post

image from wikipedia
They are doing construction in the parking lot across from the squadron headquarters where I work, so there are always lots of cars lining the fairly narrow road.

I say this because tonight, as I was leaving work, I had to wait to go down the road.  I had navigate between 2 Strykers coming up the road, weaving between them and the parked cars.  

They drive kind of slowly in populated areas.

With good reason. They are humongous. The wheels of Strykers are higher than my car windows.

This is just one of many things that one would come to expect while working or living on post.  But it surprises me every time.  I just have not been exposed to the military lifestyle for long, and when I was young, I never expected to share the road with a Stryker.

No comments:

Post a Comment