Sunday, May 1, 2011

Royal Wedding Detox

I swear, I watched so much coverage of the Royal Wedding on Friday, with a brief interruption for a dentist appointment, that I dreamed of the Royals on Friday night.  In my dream, they were very down to earth and good friends of mine.  William especially.

Of course, right?

The rest of the weekend has been spent in detox from the event.  I am slightly tired of hearing about the event, but still read and watch what I see on TV and online...as if paying more attention will let the couple know of my very real wishes of happiness for them.

But I digress.

In all this coverage, I noticed a few parallels between the nuptials of the new Duke and Duchess and John and I's wedding.

Wills will not wear a wedding band.  While, John has a wedding band and it was a part of our ceremony, he rarely wears it.  He forgot it completely on our trip to Houston last weekend.  (more on that later.)  It doesn't bother me as I thought it would.  It does look nice when he wears it though.

A Rolls Royce Phantom IV from the 1950s was used for the arrivals.  (Of Prince Charles and Camilla, I think.)  John and I's getaway car was a Rolls Phantom IV.  It looked very similar, except ours was white.  (and gorgeous!  I highly recommend going that direction instead of a classic stretch limo.  It had so much character!)

OK.  That's really it.

I did also really enjoy watching the carriage ride from Westminster Abbey to Buckingham Palace as my friend Craig had given me a walking tour of the area in 2005.  So I kept saying "I've been there.  I've been there too!"

I can't wait to go back!

1 comment: