Monday, September 20, 2010

Unheard of!

OK.

So, I kind of miss Minnesota.  I was talking to Sarah about this and maybe it's not so much missing Minnesota (with all of the mosquitoes and mind numbingly cold winters) as it is missing the chiropractic community.

As a great example, John and I went out on Friday night for drinks and dinner with a boatload of his coworkers and their families.  We were supposed to go to a concert afterwards, but I don't think anyone made it.  They were doing shots when we left.  They are a fun group.

But I heard something that I would NEVER have heard going out with a group of chiropractic students in Minnesota.

"Yeah, I know my cholesterol is a problem, so as long as I take my Lipitor with my cheeseburger, everything should be fine."

!!!

Yes.  He was joking.

But, that just would not have been said among my former peers.  Yes, we drank.  Yes sometimes it was to levels beyond stupidity.  But we would not have been taking Lipitor!!  And we often discussed nutrition as the proper way to balance out the body, not to mention the ever present, chiropractic adjustment.

I just miss being around so many like minded individuals, achieving a similar goal.  It's a fun energy.  In practice, it can sometimes feel like you are trying to convince patients that this particular goal is a good one to have...not only the work it will take to get there.  I can see why people are professional students.  It's an addicting atmosphere.

I will always link Minnesota to that atmosphere, so, aside from the times where my snot was freezing, I will always think fondly of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment