Sunday, September 5, 2010

Autumn

So we left for Aruba in the midst of heat and humidity (only to arrive in Aruba in the midst of heat and humidity - except Aruba has this beautiful blue ocean and we have...the Mississippi River) and we came back and .... it was cold.

OK, so it was 11 o'clock at night, but it was still chilly! A big difference from when I arrived the first night I moved here, and it was 84 degrees outside. At 11 o'clock at night.

But not now. It was like Mother Nature welcomed us home with autumn.

(Remember Austin? The brit guy I dated 5 years ago? He wasn't super attractive. All the same, I was attracted to him. He constantly reminded me that I meant "autumn" when I said "fall". I would say "I love fall." and he would say "autumn. you love autumn. Unless you love falling down too." And I was attracted to him anyway. Regardless, every time I say fall, I think of him and correct myself. So this is an autumnal post.)

I don't know how Mother Nature just knew that this weekend was the weekend to add the extra chill in the air, but she is gooood.

It's got me all nostalgic, as I am every year in the autumn.

Even yesterday morning when we went to the Farmer's Market in Davenport, it was super chilly!!

But hey, the Farmer's Market was AWESOME!! I can't wait till I have a job...then I can spend all my hard earned money there. Not just farms with produce, but organic meats, crafts, bakeries (both breads and sweet treats, like cupcakes and pies), candles, jewelry, odd things like goose dresses (I don't have a goose. I'm wondering whose goose needs or wants a dress?), cheese, maple syrup, coffee, wine, the list goes on and on.

AND!

It's open year round. Obviously more stuff in the harvest months, but they always have stuff.

And we couldn't spend all kinds of time there, because we had to get John's truck in for a service.

But I will be back.

Oh yes.



No comments:

Post a Comment