Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Nuances about army life

I live on post.  And yet, you don't have to live on a post to appreciate little things about Army life that you don't encounter (well, at least *I* didn't encounter) in civilian life.

We have another FRG event today.  Selling hot dogs to soldiers who have been training in obstacle courses for 2 days and have had nothing to eat but MREs.  Apparently they are appreciative.  I just hope the rain holds out.

Anyway, they are also resurfacing the main road that runs through post near the housing area, and our meeting area to get to these soldiers.  So I got an email this morning and a follow up phone call about 5 minutes ago saying we may have to change where we meet.

To the parking lot behind the tanks.  There is a small area with a bunch of tanks on display to the public.

I'm sure there are state or national parks with tanks in them honoring our military, but you almost always see military gear on posts.  (You know I am completely making that "statistic" up.  I've only even been on 2 posts.  RIA barely even counts.)

But in my civilian life, I was never told to go park behind the tanks.

I love that I live near an area full of tanks.  Actually, to be fair, there are also Howitzers and/or canons.  John can't remember the difference between the two.

No comments:

Post a Comment