Sunday, June 5, 2011

Anxiety

I always have a low level of anxiety when I run out of something in the fridge or pantry.  I run to the list to make sure it gets picked up on the next trip to the commissary of grocery store.  If it's a popular item, I make sure it's on the list the minute it reaches the magical level of what I deem to be "low".

This really does not explain the amount of times I have run out or not had a particular item mid-recipe.

But it may explain the anxiety.

So these days, I'm consistently torn between relief of using up an item, and not having enough of it.

We're trying to clean out the fridge and freezer, see.  We will be in this house just a little over a week more, moving to a hotel next Monday, I believe.

(We still need to find a hotel that accepts pets.  Not that they aren't out there.  We just haven't looked.  Yet.)

A lot of what we don't use will get trashed.  Or donated to neighbors.  Or donated to a food bank.  Or (in the case of liquor) brought to my folks house.

My computer will start it's journey overseas on Thursday, so I may be a bit MIA thereafter.  More than usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment