Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Busy week

Next week.  Next week is the busy week.

My car is in the country and is promised to be here by 1 August.
1 August is a busy day.  We have our inspection with housing of our new apartment to make sure the landlord fulfilled his promise of household improvements before we move in.  We receive a delivery of loaner furniture (including some we get to keep indefinitely - like the full sized fridge, and the 3 wardrobes) from housing on 1 August.  We receive our delivery of our Unaccompanied Baggage (a small shipment) on 2 August.

(The transportation office was most unhelpful here.  We have to be available at the house from 8 am to 9 pm to wait for this delivery.)

BUT, it will contain sheets, and some dishes, one pot, one pan, silverware, towels, my computer and, most importantly in John's eyes, my chiropractic table!!  The arrival of my chiro table has been much anticipated after weeks of soft beds and traveling.

All of these events would be a lot easier if we had my car just a few days earlier than 1 August!

COME ON CAR!!!

We also put down a $100 deposit on a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

It's being shipped from Baltimore and due to arrive in country on 5 August.  We should get it by 20 August.

COME ON CAR!!!

Humph.  We may have to rent one for a bit.

On the plus side, I finally tracked down information on MWR (Morale, Welfare and Recreation) trips!  I have my eye on the Rhine River cruise, the Two Castle Tour, and the Chiemee Castle tour.  These are all day trips.  unfortunately, all of the overnight trips are booked through August.  We are patiently waiting for the fall/winter trip schedule.

One more before I go....

COME ON CAR!!!

2 comments:

  1. So exciting! Things are happening! Hope you get your car soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going through coupons right now and will send soon and then more as I get them. I'm so excited to pen pal you!! Also I really need your chiro table. LOL

    ReplyDelete