Friday, October 15, 2010

My poor lay friends

I totally judge you when you talk about unhealthy stuff, even though I, myself often partake in unhealthy activities.

I had lunch with my friend today.

(I say that as if she's my only one!)

She was talking about going to a tanning place before her beach vacation.  And she *knows* it's bad for her, but she doesn't want to get burned the first day of vacation.

All I can think of is "CANCER!  CANCER!  CANCER!"  and "Just wear some sunscreen!  You'll still get tan!"

But I just smile and nod.  I don't know her well enough to lecture her with my vast knowledge of health and the human body.

And BTW, most of my unhealthy activities come in the form of sugar and butter.

More later about the folks visit, as well as career choices.  Or crises.  Depending on your perspective.

1 comment: