Thursday, November 4, 2010

More wedding details.

When Mom and Dad came to visit, it was really the first time we had had a chance to chat (in person) since the wedding.  After the wedding was the wedding brunch.  And Father's Day.  And my birthday.  The day after that we packed.  The day after that, John and I left.  It was quite a whirlwind, now that I think about it.

Well, Mom mentioned something interesting.  We were talking about my bridesmaids and how great they were.  Specifically, I think we were talking about Sarah's toast and how great it was.  Sarah - Mom said she got *so* many comments from her friends about how great your toast was and how original, funny and sweet they thought it was.

Anyway, I was a lucky bride to have such great attendants.  Mom even mentioned the super glue incident.  And how I didn't know about the glue on my dress.

But I knew.  The beading (whether from frequent handling or the cleaning process) had come unstitched from my custom made cap sleeves that my alterations lady did for me.  My maids were ever on the ball, requesting super glue (from Mom, but eventually getting it from the venue) and fixing the bead incident before I even had a chance to freak out.  Apparently, it was mentioned to Mom to not tell me because I didn't need to know.  I even recall Jenna telling me something about "nothing's wrong, we're taking care of it" in a way that I wasn't to realize what was going on.  Diffusing a problem before there was a problem.

But I knew.  I refused to freak out about much that day.  I was too ...  I dunno.  Focused?  In the zone?  Waiting for it all to happen?  I may have been so stressed I refused to let anyone see how stressed I was.  I believe Alana calls that a "good game face."

Thinking back on the day and the pics, I remembered there was a pic of me messing with this stupid string.


And here it is.  So see, bridesmaids?  I knew it had broken.  But I also knew I didn't need to worry.  I had great friends helping me out.

And making funny crazy toasts.  Sarah recapped our IM conversation the night that John and I had our first date.  Which.  was.  hilarious.  Lots of "OMG he's so cute!"s from me and "awwwww"s from Sarah.

He's still pretty cute you know.


Awwwwwww.

3 comments:

  1. That was all Jenna, the super-bridesmaid :)

    Still sorry that I embarrassed you :) And missed your marriage license signing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha - I call it that? Interesting....

    Nice post. A lot of people would've let that freak them out. Very telling, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Alana - I seem to recall you calling it that. Something I took away from one of the two times I met you in person. :)

    @Sarah...stop apologizing. No one else could have given such a creative toast from that perspective, and I treasure that. Yes, I was embarrassed at the time, but it was in a good way. And I got over it. ;)

    ReplyDelete