Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Ah, Army. You always know how to piss me off.

Again.  A minor setback.

I think.

As it stands right now, John has not been selected for ILE.  (the reason we would move to Kansas.)  There are just too many applicants.  Now, this happened to our neighbor last year (they tried to delay him twice) and they are there now, doing the coursework, and getting it done.  They had to get a GO involved, as well as jump through numerous hoops.  (ie, they pulled some strings.)

I don't know if now is the time to do that or if now if the time to let it go and see what else there is to do.

John said he will be looking at his assignment options when they come up in January.

* yay *

So, I could be staying in the lovely quad cities for a bit longer.  Or we could be moving.

Of course, Branch let him know that he is eligible for deployment again come March, I think.  So not only is this an option, it's a heavy possibility.

* yay *

I should be used to this, but I'm still ticked.  I haven't actually talked to John yet.  I imagine he is more ticked than I am, so I've decided it's the time to do my best to put on a supportive front and not act like as if this is a betrayal of sorts.  Since it's not his fault.

Lesson relearned:  Every time John thinks he has a plan mapped out for himself, the Army shoves him in a different direction.  It's not always bad.  But I'm just along for the ride.

1 comment:

  1. Yuck, I'm so sorry. It would be so hard to have no control!

    ReplyDelete