Saturday, January 22, 2011

FRG

Right when I think I am out, they suck me back in!

Over the last few months, our FRG has been undergoing an overhaul.  Our defunct leader has been replaced with a high functioning, low drama, responsible, organized, power trip free individual who has really done a lot of good things in the short time she has been working.  And in the meantime, the additional rumors that surfaced about our old leader from those that used to work with her just stun me.  Twisting words, creating a victim role for herself because of her race and her religion (um, which is Christianity), and threatening physical violence towards others!  Oh my!  A short list of a very long list of accusations from her entire previous environment, both socially and professionally.  And I can now say I'm not surprised.  I'm just glad I never have to deal with her anymore and hopefully, they will be moving and he will be retiring.

So, now I have volunteered to help turn this group around.  I attend Steering Committee meetings and help arrange special events.  Although I am vehemently shunning an actual title like "Special Events Coordinator".  I want to help without being obligated to help.  Selfish, I know, but I always want the opportunity to say "no, thank you, I can't help this time."

Also, it gives me something to do.  The restlessness of not working has gotten worse, but I am also completely shunning any job that does not have to do with my profession.  The result equates to me pouting about not deciding on what to do about working here sooner.  I am convinced that I am not getting interviews because I am seen as overeducated and overqualified for these jobs.
Which I am.
I probably just shouldn't have been so picky over the summer.  But then I tell myself that everything happens for a reason and I was probably being picky as to give myself a little down time after the first part of the year which included planning a wedding, the event of the wedding, moving away from all my comfortable surroundings and closing my business.  It's not the most convenient time to not work financially, but I think looking back, I'll understand everything worked out for the safety of my sanity.  At least, that's what I'll tell myself.

Now what I do is wait for news on future events and plan to build my career in our new location.

Wherever that may be.

This well awaited job list may be even later that late January, however.  Apparently the Army has also decided to rearrange job positions and vacancies, leaving all Branches scurrying and shuffling for any "job postings" to present to people so they can efficiently organize this summer's "PCS season".

You know, I could be talking out my ass and not even know it.  I'm trying my best to succinctly explain what John has told me about the organization and procedures of the Army without going into detail so I don't a) bore my readers or b) put information that I shouldn't on the web.

The bottom line is - we have to wait longer for the job list.  Which makes it impossible to know how much longer we have here.  I have actually thought about getting licensed in IA and doing SOMEthing, even if it wasn't super profitable, but if we're only to be here for four months, it wouldn't be worth it.  It we're here for 8 months, it might be.  Alas, it will probably not happen.

So I'm left waiting.  And volunteering for the FRG.

1 comment: