Monday, January 24, 2011

It must be said...

That I love word games.

Specifically, I love word games on facebook.  My favorites are Scramble, Word Challenge, Pathwords and Lexulous, which is a bastardized version of Scrabble that was called "Scrabulous" until EA games came in and said "Hey!  That's our game!  Give it back!" and then EA proceeded to make their own version of Scrabulous, which, in the end, sucked.
I wish I could say that my vocabulary has increased, but really, I'm just learning the spelling of new words without really knowing what they mean.  Since most of these games are timed, sometimes I just trying to connect letters to see if they make a word in that particular game's dictionary.  Then I think "Oh, I didn't know that was a correct spelling of a word" without bothering to look up what it actually means.

However, I rock at Scrabble now.  Online and face to face.  I can't say that this was a particular goal of mine, but I'm happy now that I have made progress in my Scrabble playing ability.

Plus, word games are an excellent means of procrastination.

Which is a skill I did not need to make progress on.

1 comment:

  1. Me too! I used to seriously suck at scrabble and now I only mildly suck :)

    ReplyDelete