Thursday, February 24, 2011

Another reason I'm smitten with my husband

He can have a conversation with himself.

And when I say this, I mean he represents both sides of the conversation with himself and anyone (or anything) else.  Most of the time, I believe he doesn't quite know what the other entity (in his head) is going to say or how he'll respond.  Often, hilarity ensues.
Most times, the other person is me.  (His imitation of me is not that flattering though.)  But it's amusing to me to hear how he thinks I would respond in a given situation.
Also, this usually happens when he's the most "punchy."  Which is why I'm writing about it.  I'm assuming most people who know him won't hear him do this in a normal interaction.

Anyway, the night before last, a conversation popped up where the other "party" in question was the cat.

J:   "I'm not setting my alarm until 7 am tomorrow so I can sleep in!  Except, I probably won't sleep in, because SOME cat will wake me up at 5:30 to be fed!"

J (as the cat):  "But Dad, I get soooo hungwy!"

J:  "You're such a fatty!  You don't need more food!"

J (as the cat):   "No!  I'm just an itteh bitteh kitteh!  And I'm on a committeh!"

J:   "YOU KNOW NOTHING OF PARLIAMENTARY PROCEDURE!"


And then I laugh so hard I snort.  While brushing my teeth.  So you can imagine the potential for disaster as toothpaste snorted up the back of the throat is not comfortable.

Not that I would know.

Maybe I was punchy too.  Or maybe, just maybe, I'm just that easily amused.

2 comments:

  1. ROTFL thanks for the laugh :) too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well... since I laughed so suddenly and hard I choked on my ice cream, it's safe to say you're not alone. That really is hysterical - and charming :)

    ReplyDelete