Saturday, February 26, 2011

Pinterest

So, Sarah has turned me on to Pinterest.  It's a website where you "pin" anything and everything that you like.  Like a virtual bulletin board.  Alana said it best when she exclaimed (on facebook) "it's like window shopping the world!"  Most things I have pinned have been craft related, food related, decor related or saying related.  But mostly, I have noticed that it has started to fuel my creative fire.

And here I thought it was only a great way to kill even more time that I incessantly waste during this unemployment phase in life.

So, hey, fueling fires is a perk.  My knitting desire has increased, as has my productivity on our wedding book.

I'm scrapbooking my wedding online using Heritage Makers.  I love that I can do so many things digitally.  SO much has opened up my choices using digital scrapbooking.  So much so that it get overwhelming.
Quickly.
The other bad side is the cropping.  In hands on (or "old fashioned") scrapbooking, once you crop your photo, you're done.  No recropping, unless you make it smaller, and no resizing.  While I like the resizing option, I spend SO much time resizing each picture until it is the exact same size as the pictures around it.  Or so the margins look equal.  Or I'm moving the pictures millimeters to make them line up correctly.  Perfectly.  Because it's digital and I can't go back and fix it later unless I want to reprint the entire book.
So it's really good and fun in some ways (Instant enlargements and full page photos!  Quotes at my finger tips!  ANY COLOR I want can get changed!  I make some of my pictures transparent and layer them!), and it's really exhausting in others.  I'm trying to finish before the end of February.  (They are discounting albums published in February.)

Spending all this browsing time on pinterest is helping.  Or so I tell myself.  Inspiration is a good thing.  And so is recognizing pleasing patterns.  I can then take things my brain has told me that it likes and see what I've already done on Heritage Makers, and re-do everything again.

Click click click click click.....

Moving these pictures a millimeter here and a millimeter there.  To perfection.

3 comments:

  1. love pinterest :) can't wait to see your book! good thing you have a deadline :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it when I get blog shout outs, especially when I'm "exclaiming" things!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you totally exclaimed. "wow - I just looked - it's like window shopping the whole world!" <--see? exclamation point. :D

    ReplyDelete