Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Anti-social

I'm not sure if it's just the winter time blues.

Or the lack of sun.

(are those the same thing?)

Or the lack of structured time use throughout my day.

Or the complete lack of "plan" in my life at the moment.

I'm making more of an effort to be social because
a) I feel better when I am and when I get out to meet people
b) and well, I guess that's it.
c) oh, maybe it's because it gets me out of the house too

It's just very easy and lazy to not get outside.  I can sit at the computer and read about what people are doing on facebook and play games.  L - A - Z - Y.

And where, exactly, does my laziness come from?  I have no idea.  It comes and goes in spurts.  Holy cow, yesterday, I was so tired, I felt like I had been hit by a truck.  I am blaming it on my Total Body Conditioning class, but it may have been because my body just needed the extra rest as well.  (ie, fighting a small bug.)  I fulfilled my duties for the day (picked up dry cleaning, took Otis to the vet), but did very little else all day.

Upon thinking about it, I'm going to attribute this funk more towards my "lack of future plan" theory.  I have no job, I have one prospect for a job that I won't even hear about for another 23 days, we have no job list for future assignments so I can't plan for housing or jobs in a new location, we're not in a place to plan for a family.  I'm just... here.

Being anti-social.

Probably because I have nothing to tell anyone about my life.  There is nothing new going on.  I am plan-free.

In the short term, we did go eagle watching.  I've been meaning to get pictures up on here.  (Laziness strikes again.)  And we're talking about planning a weekend trip to Chicago.  Maybe see a baseball game (when baseball starts again), and hit the aquarium, among other things.

In the meantime, I'm going to try to be more social.  Today was a great example because I went to lunch in a nearby town I haven't been to before (LeClaire, IA) and saw people I haven't met before.  And I had 2 coffees with Bailey's.  And orange creme crepes for dessert.  It definitely helped bust me out of my funk.

Because no one likes a funky Jen.

Unless it's in a 70's outfit disco sort of way.

1 comment:

  1. awww I still love a funky jen :)

    I totally understand your funk - I have to say I'd be right there if I was in your shoes. I just have to say to try to enjoy your newlywed-hood and your life before kids because it all changes :)

    come visit me!

    ReplyDelete