Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Ammerthal!

 Our house!  We live above our landlord on the second floor, and it's still a nice spacious place.

 By the bank, walking up to the town center.

 The town center.  Look!  It's the Ammerthaler Hof!  In front is a fest tree.  Sometimes they have fests there and decorate the tree.
 With my back to the Ammerthaler Hof, looking toward more of the town.  A little shoppette is on the on the right there.
 Church #1
 Church #2  (from a completely different angle.  I'm a bit East of the town center here.)
A fast and furious storm blew through one night and it rained HARD for about 20-30 minutes.  This was the aftermath, looking East.  OMG, double rainbow all the way across the sky!  WHAT DOES IT MEAN???  (not sure if you can see the doubleness of the rainbow....but it was there.) 

It comes up better on this picture.

Pictures of the house coming up.  I have pics of the empty house, but I think I will take more when it we are more settled and post them....probably in a month or two when we get better internet.

Stupid internet.  As you may notice, I'm able to post these as I'm sitting in the internet cafe now.

It's hot here.  About 87-90 outside.  
Remember, Germany has limited air conditioning, so I am in this cafe *roasting.*  I have already sucked down my blended iced coffee.  The PX and commissary have A/C, but no where else seems to.  Even most German stores are downright muggy.  

Anyhow.  Hopefully more pictures soon.  

1 comment:

  1. This is the first time I saw somebody call Ammerthal "a town". :-)
    I grew up in that village and I am glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete